Two killed in crash | News
Two people died and two others were hospitalized early Sunday morning when their car flipped over in a field.
The crash happened just after 5 a.m. at the intersection of Mississippi County Roads 230 and 647.
According to the Arkansas State Highway Patrol, 35-year-old Windale Wimbley was traveling south on CR 230 when his 2011 Honda Civic left the road. The car slid through the ditch, crossed CR 647 and flipped over before landing right side up in a field.
Mississippi County Coroner Mike Godsey pronounced Wimbley and his passenger, 29-year-old Aaron K. Harris, both of Blytheville, dead at the scene.
Two other passengers, 30-year-old Rakeem D.J. Harris and 23-year-old Kenderick K. Finwick, also of Blytheville, were taken to The MED in Memphis.
Investigators say none of the four men were wearing seat belts.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local sign language interpreter 'outraged' by Mandela memorial fake interpreter
- Fluctuating temperatures could spell trouble for pipe systems
- Gubernatorial Candidate speaks at NEA Political Animals Club
- Public invited to free health insurance enrollment fair
- John 3:16 wrapping gifts, collecting for Out of the Dark